Syncronizing with the Web Module
As the Web Module is a separate application to WebSpy Vantage, yet the configuration for the Web Module is performed using WebSpy Vantage, you need to syncrhonize settings between Vantage and the Web Module whenever a significant change is made.
For example, if you create new department and publish reports for each department, users within the new department will not be able to view the new report until you have syncronized the new department configuration with the Web Module. Also, if you create a new Report Template, you need to synchronize with the Web Module to make that Template available to your users via the Analysis tab.
You can synchronize Vantage with the Web Module manually, or automatically via Tasks.
To synchronize manually:
- Go to the Web Module tab and select your Web Module.
- Click Connect
- Click Synchronize Web Module.
To synchronize automatically as part of a Task:
- Go to the Tasks tab and select an existing task or create a new one on with the desired schedule (such as 1 am each day)
- Click the Add button and select the Syncronize Web Module task action.
- Select your Web Module and click OK.